Mile High Scribes’ One Sheet Contest
Guidelines and Rules
Guidelines and Rules
This is your opportunity to prepare for conference season! Mile High Scribes, the South Denver Chapter of ACFW, is hosting a one-sheet contest. Use your creativity to develop a one-sheet that communicates the heart of your story, and you will be eligible to win a full manuscript edit!
One winner will be selected from the pool of entrants to receive a substantive edit of their full manuscript by Kristine Pratt of Written World Communications.
All entries will be evaluated by the Mile High Scribes board members based on the following criteria:
- Visual impact
- Ability to communicate a message
Five finalist entries will be chosen. One winner will then be selected by Agent Andrea Heinecke of Alive Communications. (Please note that Andrea will not be considering any of the submissions for representation.)
- The contest is open to both published and unpublished authors.
- This contest is open to fiction manuscripts only.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a $15 entry fee.
- Entrants will not receive any feedback or advice on their entry.
- All proceeds from the contest go to Mile High Scribes.
- Your novel does not need to be complete in order for you to be eligible.
- Each entry will receive a confirmation e-mail shortly after their one sheet is received. If you do not receive an email, please contact us at email@example.com to see if your entry was received.
- Multiple entries are permitted. Each entry must be accompanied by the $15 fee.
- Create a one sheet for your fiction manuscript that communicates the uniqueness of you and your story.
- To email your submission: Send the one sheet as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the e-mail, please include your name, e-mail address and phone number. To complete your entry, you must go to www.milehighscribes.blogspot.com and submit your $15 entry fee through the PayPal "Buy Now" button in the upper right column.
- To mail your submission: Print your one sheet and a coversheet with your name, e-mail address and phone number, and mail it along with your entry fee to Mile High Scribes, P. O. Box 271125, Littleton, CO 80127.
- All entries must be received (not postmarked) by April 9, 2010.
- Finalists will be notified by May 1, 2010 and the winner will be notified by May 5, 2010.
For questions please email email@example.com