Monday, May 18, 2009

Dream Come True

Dreams are like morning dew, slowly dissipating in the light of day. Hour by hour, minute by minute, reality sneaks in, seeking to steal the fire, hope and the tentative fragments that comprise them. Rarely, do dreams magically appear. They must be nurtured, tended, and cared for. Dreams require a lot of work and tremendous sacrifice.

As a child, I dreamed of living on a farm in a small town. I pictured rocking on the front porch, sipping tea and watching the sun set over the wheat fields. I didn’t understand the hard work and skills needed to run a farm – or that the work began before sunrise. However, as I grew, so did my dreams. Not because I gave up on them, but because I saw life differently. Some of my life long dreams have been captured. Others are still waiting to be pursued.

I used to dream on top of my swing set or inside the highest tree I could find. The taller I was, the closer I felt to heaven. I told God all about my dreams. He didn’t think they were silly or stupid. In fact, he put those dreams in my heart.

This weekend at CCWC, after I was commissioned and anointed, the Lord gave me a word: "Dream come true." I can't wait to see what God does next! So much is stirring in my spirit.

What about you? Are you afraid to give God your dreams? Don't be. He is a wonderful dream keeper who is able and willing to make them happen. Just like He is doing for me.